Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Learning and Giving through National Service

I believe National Service is a wonderful opportunity, for citizens to share their talents and skills for the betterment of individuals, families, and communities.  Giving service, is teaching me to be humble, non-judgmental, focused, actively listen, and willingness to learn.  Whether it is through AmeriCorps or other community organizations, I appreciate the opportunity to give to others.  Additionally, as a VISTA, I am currently serving at United Labor Agency of Nevada (ULAN), where I am I serving  the community  by learning grant research and writing, being a scheduler and greeter during tax season, and currently assisting with updating the database for the Community Services Providers Network.  Overall, I know that I have other opportunities to learn and do new things as a VISTA at ULAN.  And I am looking forward to being of service to the community of Clark County via ULAN.

Submitted by Sala Small

No comments:

Post a Comment