Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thank Your Mentor Day

As part of National Mentoring Month today is Thank Your Mentor Day.  To all those who take the time to mentor others we thank you for your hard work and dedication to improving others lives.


"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.”
~ Helen Keller - American author and educator who was blind and deaf. (1880-1968) 

Check out the YouTube Mentoring Month Channel and see the special message from President Obama about mentoring.

If you have a mentor to thank, check out these easy steps provided by National Mentoring Month.

For those who are interested in volunteering there are opportunities to work with Children/Youth and opportunities to Mentor on the Volunteer Center website.  Don't miss your chance to make a difference in the life of someone in need.  Mentoring can be as significant as a 1-2 year long commitment or as convenient as reading to a child for 30 minutes once a week on your lunch break.  Check out all the available opportunities and see if there's something that works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment